Friday, September 25, 2009

Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic

"In those first, early years I was so lonely that I started enjoying it--and it is really a joy. So it was not a curse to me, it proved a blessing. I started enjoying it, and I started feeling self-sufficient; I was not dependent on anybody...

I can still see myself in those earliest years, just sitting. We had a beautiful spot where our house was, just in front of a lake. Far away for miles, the lake... and it was so beautiful and so silent. Only once in a while would you see a line of white cranes flying, or making love calls, and the peace would be disturbed; otherwise, it was the most perfect place for meditation. And when a love call from a bird would disturb the peace... after his call the peace would deepen...

The lake was full of lotus flowers, and I would sit for hours so self-confident, as if the world did not matter: the lotuses, the white cranes, and the silence..."

This is how Osho describes his first seven years, seven being significant in so many other ways, seven (or eight) being the cycle of human development in East Asian medicine, the cycle of child development from Steiner's perspective. No wonder, then, that Osho became fully who he was. Always authentic.

"I am wild, and I will remain wild."

This is one of my favorite books!

No comments:

Post a Comment